“Cute Camera Bags for Women” – not a likely title for me to write about but there is a story behind why I chose it.
It stems from a discussion I had with a friend that went something like this:
Linda : “Lawrence – how do I say this nicely? … Can I make a suggestion?”
Me (warily): “Yeah – go on then.”
Linda:“Why not do something different and cater for women – for once in your life?”
Me: “Ouch! That’s a bit unfair …”
Linda: “Just shush and listen …
Women like different things to you guys – why not do a post on camera bags just for us?
Something like ‘cute’ or ‘chic’ camera bags?”
Just to prove I do pay attention, and occasionally take advice from others, here is my selection of “Cute Camera Bags for Women” (with Linda’s help and her brief in mind).
Who is Linda?
A photographer friend who is very much a hobbyist photographer.
- 1 The Brief For Selecting These Cute Bags
- 2 8 Cute Camera Bags ... well more really
- 2.1 Jo Totes Missy Camera and Laptop Bag in Mint
- 2.2 Groove Vintage Shoulder Bag
- 2.3 ONA Bags
- 2.4 Kattee Leather Canvas Camera Bag Vintage Messenger Shoulder Bag
- 2.5 Groove Vintage Tote Bag
- 2.6 Kattee Fashion Canvas Camera Backpack
- 2.7 Stylish Tan Leather DSLR Camera Bag for Women,
- 2.8 Multi-Functional Leather Top Handle Camera Bag/Purse
- 3 More Cute Camera Bags
- 4 Don't Store Your Camera in Your Cute Bag!
- 5 Final Word on Cute Camera Bags For Women
The Brief For Selecting These Cute Bags
The brief from Linda was quite simple.
“Don’t get all technical with specs and all that guy stuff.
Just point them to the bags and let them decide – give them pictures!
They don’t want to know if you think a bag is too expensive or cheap or anything like that.
They know how much they are prepared to pay for the bag they want. Your opinion doesn’t count when it comes to their money.”
And that is the criteria I used.
I researched a range of cute bags, had Linda look at them and then we selected the ones we both thought were cute, practical and functional for you to consider.
Adhering to the definition of cute, and Linda’s brief of “show them the picture”, I have posted the bare minimum detail of each bag listed here. Click on the relevant link to find out more about each bag.
Have a look, have fun and remember “don’t shoot the messenger!”
If ‘cute’ is not your thing read my review on waterproof camera bags – I’m a big believer that you should get a waterproof bag.
And for added protection against fungus and moisture problems consider getting a dehumidifier to store your photographic equipment in when not in use.
8 Cute Camera Bags ... well more really
Jo Totes Missy Camera and Laptop Bag in Mint
Chick, cute, classy and functional.
Linda likes it and those who own it say:
- ” I get compliments every time I go out to take pictures because this camera bag is so freaking cute.” ~ Angela Bagwell
- “I love, love, love this bag” ~ M. O’Mara
- “It’s stylish and does not look like a camera bag … Fits my camera, 2 spare lenses a laptop and there’s still room for other ‘girl things’ – this is my 2nd Jo Tote bag. Worth every penny.” ~ Joni
- “Wifey photog LOVES IT!!!!” ~ Dave Freeman
- “Love my Missy.” ~ Christin
Everyone raves about the gorgeous colour – but if, for some reason, ‘mint’ is not your thing the Missy is also available in black and chocolate.
And there are lots more wonderful reviews …
Definitley do yourself a favour and browse through the range.
Groove Vintage Shoulder Bag
Walk into any room with this purse and instantly be taken as a photographer.
Anticipate lots of compliments with this discussion opening bag.
Described by owners as:
- Stylish, unique, durable and spacious.
- A fun purse.
- Best bag ever!
- Outstanding cutomer service from Groove Bags.
And Groove has a whole range of fun bags, purses and backpacks for you to enjoy.
Be sure to visit their site and view the range products.
The ONA range is extraordinary gorgeous and popular.
Neither of us could make up our mind on any one particular ONA bag – they all look fabulous!
Image top right is the “The Bowery” – the most popular bag in the range that comes in 5 colours: smoke (pictured), black, field tan, waxed canvas and leather, blue waxed canvas and leather.
And as if that isn’t hard enough to decide on their are other ONA models to choose from.
- The Bond Street in Dark Truffle, Black, Oxford Blue Waxed Canvas, Antique Cognac leather, Waxed Canvas, Waxed Canvas Oyster and Smoke Waxed Canvas.
- The Prince Street (right bottom) – and it too comes in 5 gorgeous colours
- The Roma – we only found a black one.
- Savannah II which comes in a stunning mustard colour.
You should have a lot of fun browsing this range – and we’d love to hear which one is your favourite.
Kattee Leather Canvas Camera Bag Vintage Messenger Shoulder Bag
On my word – over 1,000 mostly positive reviews!
What can we say that hasn’t already been said in the reviews?
- It’s smart, it’s functional, it’s fashionable, attractive and it’s different.
- Solidly built and holds a ton of gear.
- Spoilt for choice with six colours to choose from: Black, Blue (very striking), Army Green, Dark Grey, Light Green and Brown.
- Tons of great reviews. I loved the one from Jona who starts with the heading “Doesn’t Look Like a Diaper bag.”
Jona is a short lady at 4′ 11′ and in addition to her Nikon D750 and prime 35mm or 50mm lens has a pair of gloves, two phones, a mens wallet, glasses case, an extra camera battery, memory cards a little bag for pills, grooming items and paperwork!
She ends with “This is my new favorite bag.”
Enjoy browsing the reviews and viewing the 6 colour options.
Groove Vintage Tote Bag
Another great conversation starter from the Groove range.
A very different and very cute tote bag.
- Laura G says “I get complaints on it all the time.”
LOL I think she means compliments – don’t you just hate spell checker sometimes?
- Rhonda and others talk about it’s functionality and the great customer service from Groove.
- Everyone who owns one says it’s their favourite bag.
Take a look for yourself and be sure visit the other sections – it’s a fun website.
Kattee Fashion Canvas Camera Backpack
“Spunky” is how I would perceive someone wearing this backpack.
Not everyone might want to be thought of as spunky but, to me, this bag oozes different and confident and, dare I say, cute!
Lots of fabulous reviews for this multi-purpose camera bag/rucksack with dual compartments and an abundance of extra pockets.
What comes through very clearly in the various reviews is the comfort of the extra padding.
The careful design is amazing in that it does not place any strain on the back even on very long hikes.
Check it out and compare it to it’s peers – I think you’ll agree “spunky’ suits it.
Stylish Tan Leather DSLR Camera Bag for Women,
Classy, simple, classic styling.
Available in either brown or black with gold edging this exquisite messenger style camera/hand bag has an elegant and classy look and feel about it.
Certainly not your run-of-the-mill camera bag.
If you’re looking for a small camera bag that looks more like a purse to wear to functions then this is the bag for you.
Carry your camera, a spare lens (or two) and your everyday accessories while retaining that classy feminine look .
A very cute bag that will attract the right sort of attention from your girlfriends.
Find out more.
Multi-Functional Leather Top Handle Camera Bag/Purse
Picky about your purses?
We found a little gem for you …
Stay organised and fashionable with this multi-purpose camerabag/purse.
Conservative in bold black or classic brown.
A splash more more colour your thing?
Dare to be bold – choose from a gorgeous canary yellow, pearl blue or strawberry red.
And the final option is the elegant ostrich brown.
Lots of great reviews for this cute and fun bag that has space for even a full-frame camera.
Go take a look.
More Cute Camera Bags
So as not to repeat myself please also look at my recent post on mirrorless camera bags where you will find 2 more really cute bags for ladies.
Click here to go to that post – then scroll down to the “feminine” section.
Don't Store Your Camera in Your Cute Bag!
I thought it worth mentioning that cute camera bags are not the best place to store your expensive camera equipment.
Something you should always have in your bag is dessicant gel bags – and that’s for day to day carrying of your camera.
For permanent storage take the camera out of the bag and place it in a dry cupboard that has a constant temperature. The best storage space is a dedicated one specifically for your photography equipment.
A camera dry cabinet is the ideal solution for keeping your gear in good condition and ensuring you never get mold in your lenses and moisture on your connections and other moisture sensitve parts of the camera.
Final Word on Cute Camera Bags For Women
Linda and I had fun researching and compiling these bags for you to look at – I’m sure you will enjoy them too.
I certainly learned a bit about ladies and their shopping ways.
One thing we spoke about was how these bags would make great gift ideas for men looking for something different for the lady photographers in their lives.
Guys you can confidently buy any of these cute camera bags for women knowing that it will be a hit.
And as always please let me know what you think in the comments below.